Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wow! an update!

Well I guess I need to sit down and update this thing, it's not going to get done by itself. Yesterday was our 2 month anniversary of closing on the house. A LOT has been accomplished but we still have a very long way to go. Once I get caught up on all the progress I'll try to keep this updated as often as possible.

We're now living in the house while we renovate it. It can be a bit trying at times to say the least. We still dont have a working tub, if all goes well it should be in by this weekend. We finally got a working toilet and sink in this week. I'm working as fast as I can on the downstairs bathroom now. I'm hoping to have it completed (minus patching the plaster) by next week. In the meantime we've been going to my mom's for showers.

Our temporary kitchen is in the study, we've been getting by on pre-preared and microwave foods... yum. The kitchen is not as far along as the bathroom, I think I still have a few weeks left to go on it before we can move all of our appliances into it. god I cant wait for that day, if the quality microwave food doesnt kill me first.

Well I guess I'll start out by giving a tour of the house as it was when we closed. I'll go room by room. I wont have time to get to all of the rooms right now but I'll start with the foyer, parlor, formal dining room, and the kitchen. I'll be in Savannah tonight and tomorrow for work so I'll have plenty of time in my hotel room tonight to post the rest of the tour.

No comments: