Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Study

Here is my study:





The door to the front porch was the front entrance of apt. #2, I'll be converting that back to a window.

I'm planing on building built-in bookcases and some type of rich wood paneling from reclaimed wood.

This is the room that has the wall that needs to be moved. the built-in cabinet to the left of the fireplace will have to come out for me to move the wall back to it's original place. I'm probably going to move the cabinet to under the staircase in the back hall.

When I move and reframe the wall I'm going to to move the doorway to the center of the wall and enlarge it for a pair of french doors that I got from an old farmhouse that was being torn down. These doors will mirror the parlor french doors on the other side of the foyer. Here are the doors:

No comments: