
The cabinets came out next, I dont recomend taking a 12' long cabinet down by yourself. After seeing the flooring under that carpeting I'm surprised it didnt go right through it...
The 2 doors that were behind the cabinets had been closed off since 1955, it was pretty cool to be the first to open them since then. They still have the original stain on them too, awesome!

The door on the left goes to the laundry room, the one on the right goes to the bathroom.
I want to stop and appologize right now if it seems like I'm rushing these posts... because I am. I have 2 months of work to catch up on! If I dont hurry I'll never get them caught up...
Ok, the next project that needed my attention was the hideous outside stairs. They had to go. they were installed for the upstairs apartment.


The little addition in the background coming off the side of the house is going to be our breakfast nook.


I was reading the DevilQueen blog the other day when I saw a picture of John's shin with a big bruise on it. I just had to laugh (not at him of course) when I saw it because it reminded me of my little "mishap" while demoing the stairs. If you're real squemish you may not want to scroll down to see it...

This is what happens when you miss what you're aiming at with a framing hammer. Actually it didnt hurt near as bad as is looks...



No comments:
Post a Comment