Thursday, March 01, 2007

Master Bath ceiling is installed

I finally finished installing the master bath yesterday. I had run out of boards the night before and had to wait until morning to prep more of them. Here are a few pictures of the prep process.

This is my salvaged woodpile. I wish I had a shed to store this stuff in.

First the boards are laid out on the sawhorses to dry. Then I scrape them down to remove the loose paint.

I then spray them heavily with a bleach solution to kill the mold. After letting it sit for a while they get sprayed a second time then scrubbed with a scrub brush. they are then wiped down and allowed to dry.

Once they are dry they get primered on both sides and allowed to dry.

Once the boards were dry I brought them upstairs and finished hanging them.

R30 installed.

Ceiling installed.

Next for the ceiling I have to wood putty the larger cracks, then caulk and reprime before I can paint it. I'll probably take care of the walls first though.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Looking good. I have the bead baord in my bathroom as well. The never-rot ceiling.

Mike said...

A lot of work, but definitely worth the effort. I wish I could find some more old salvage wood.

Ms. P in Jackson said...

That looks really nice :)