As usual I didnt get near as much done yesterday as I had expected. I've almost completed the electrical, the only thing holding me up is that I need to know the size of the vanity so I can install the boxes for the sconces. The vanity is a serpentine front dresser, that is 3 drawers wide and tall. It's between 5' and 6'. I dont know the exact measurements though because it's up at my moms house right now. I'll be installing 2 sinks in it and a mirror will go on the wall above each sink. there will be a sconce on either side of the mirrors for a total of 3 sconces.
Of course this has a domino affect, since I cant install the sconces I cant patch up the walls, I cant install the beadboard until I patch the walls... and on and on.
Anyways, here is some of the electrical I did yesterday:

The box on the left will hold 2 GFCI receptacles.

I ran all new wiring all the way back to the sub-panel in the attic. this required that I install a new junction box up there also. The sub panel only has room for 8 breakers, they are now all filled. I'm going to have to buy a larger panel to complete the rest of the upstairs wiring.
Since I was at a stand still on the bathroom we decided to test hang the sconces for the upstairs hall. They are really cool art nouveau pieces we found on Ebay. They're going to need a bit of work though, like new wiring, sockets, candle-stick covers, and crystals. Some of them have their original glass crystals, for the rest I'm going to have to find them on Ebay.



We'll probably put a large mirror between these two, once we do that and put the crystals on the sconces it shouldn't look so bare. We're planning on putting a Victorian settee on this wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment