Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Main bathroom walls

Well I guess it's time that I post about the walls in the main downstairs bathroom. I had wanted to finish them before I posted about them but I've had a lot of delays recently.

Here's a before shot of the bathroom:

Lovely, isn't it?

Here is where I'm at right now:


I still need to finish up some of the trim and pick a color to stain it. the dark colored wood is old heartpine that I've salvaged from this house as well as the old farmhouse I mentioned in a previous post. I'm trying to use as much reclaimed wood as possible. The light colored wood is decorative grade beadboard and trim. I'm wanting to stain it all a dark color. Once I patch the plaster the walls above the beadboard will be a dark forest green or a dark burgundy. The clawfoot tub will be the same color.

We're looking for a nice high-tank toilet now. We had found one in a house that was going to be torn down (it was a really nice old one) but they've decided to not tear down the house now so we cant get it. So we're going to have to buy a new one.

The dresser on the left is going to be the vanity. I got it free from someone who had it sitting in their workshop for years collecting dust. The top piece (not visible in the above picture) we found in an old antique store in Alabama.

Here is a beter picture of the vanity:


I still need to refinish it. I'm also thinking of turning the 2 bottom drawers into double swing-out beadboard doors (from salvaged beadboard of course). The top 2 drawers will be shortened to accommodate the plumbing. We just bought all the fixtures for the room also. We are going with all antique copper fixtures from Signature Hardware.

I just realized that the sink I ordered from Signature Hardware is back ordered until January. I canceled the order and I'm looking at other options now. I think I'm going to go with this one:

This one is nice also:



Here is the Faucet we've ordered:


I'm hoping to finish the trim and start staining tonight. If I do I'll post some pictures of the progress tomorrow.

No comments: