Friday, August 08, 2008

Porch roof progress and Fence pics

Here are a few pics of the completed privacy fence:

This first one gives you an idea of the area I had to work with, not much room between the chain link fence and the tree line:

In the next pic, the neighbors house is on the right, you can see how close to the line their house is:
This last pic was taken from the neighbors yard:

The front porch roof is coming along. I shortened the deck by 2' on either side, I'm really glad I did because it looks a lot better.



In the above two shots I had the framing done but hadn't put the sheathing on the shortened area.

I finished the sheathing then felted it and then put up aluminium flashing in the areas that needed it. Next I started the shingles, the next 2 pics show how far I got yesterday before I ran out of nails and shingles:



Here's how it looks from the street:



Much better than it was.

This afternoon I'll be finishing off the shingling then taking the old wood that I tore off to the dump. Then hopefully I can install the decking and the railing.

No comments: