Monday, October 15, 2007

More work on the fence

Once again I've had to go back to work on the fence. You may remember last January when I finished the left side of the fence. I tied it in with the chicken wire fence at the back of the property. Then in February I had to add 5 fence panels because our Great Dane realized a chicken wire fence was no match for her. At that time I tied the fence in with the 6' chain link fence.

Well now we've had a few problems with our "lovely" neighbors behind us. Yes, I say that with the most sarcasm possible. The place is some type of shelter or facility. I've never had a problem with them and the dogs pretty much ignored them until someone started bringing kids over. They started antagonizing our dogs though the chain link fence. They would yell and lunge at them, poke sticks through the fence and even throw things at them. My girlfriend and I have both seen this from a window but by the time I get out there they are long gone.

Now of course the dogs wont put up with this type of abuse any more than I will, they've started barking at anything that moves back there. One day the woman that runs the facility has the nerve to yell at me to "get my dogs out of here" and that "I better control my dogs". First of all, my dogs are inside dogs, they are like family to us. They only get to go outside for short periods to play and do their business, and now this woman's going to tell me to control my dogs and get them out of here when they're the ones that antagonized them to begin with??? Second, my dogs are in MY YARD, not hers.

We went back and forth for a few minutes, she said she was going to call animal control, I said be my guest my animals have done nothing wrong. I told her that if I catch anyone provoking my dogs again I would call the police.

I decided to go ahead and finish off the back part of the fence not because I was worried about her or animal control, they can go to hell for all I care, I finished it because I was worried about the safety of our dogs. As nasty as that woman was, I would not put it past her to try to hurt the dogs in some way.

Anyways, now that I've had a chance to vent... here are some fence pictures.

First, here is a picture from last winter showing where I left off last February. On the right you can see the 6' chain link and the neighboring lot beyond:

The next two shots are yesterday after I put the new sections of fence up:



this last picture shows how much of a jungle the back yard has become again. We're going to try to get out there today and cut down the bamboo and clear the area.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Ah neighbors... I've always loved the way barking dogs represent 'loss of control', while our children's squeals are considered play...

Jason and Heather said...

We are normally very quiet neighbors, no loud parties, no kids, no shouting. I dont use my power tools outside too early in the morning or after dark.

This woman however is a different story. We can hear her clearly from inside our house. Our house is in the very front of our yard and our lot is 250' deep. Her normal speaking voice is a shout... and she has the nerve to complain about us.

I think I'll add her to rottenneighbor.com :)

JoLynn and Brent said...

We have and larg back yard and it is fenced on three sides we also have a small dog onley 6 pounds and the neighbors behind us let their dogs into our yard and the fence on thier side needs to be fixed I am worryed about our dog thier dogs look like they are a pit bull mix. We are going to fix all our fence sides once we move in.