Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Study bookcase finished

I have not completed near as much on the house as I had hoped in the last few weeks. Most of the delay being from a hospital stay and a week of forced recuperation time. I have managed to accomplish a few things however.

I finished the built in book cases in the Study last week. I might add one more coat of amber shellac though.




It's very hard to get a good clear shot of the entire bookcase and to also get the lighting adjusted properly to show the true color of the bookcase. These images will have to do though. The one thing left to do on them is build the doors for the bottom shelf on either side.

I've been working on the master bathroom but I dont have any pictures of that yet. So far we've sanded and painted the clawfoot tub, painted the walls, and I've begun installing the beadboard wainscoting on the walls. Once the beadboard is done I need to paint it then finish building the double sink vanity. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of it soon.

3 comments:

John said...

I like the bookcases, very nicely done.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I am consistantly impressed with the amount of work you seem to get finished on your house (not to mention that you also do good work - an important distinction). I am impressed.

goddessof4 said...

I hope you feel better!!!!

Jason and Heather said...

Thanks John, I sure wish I felt like I got a lot done all the time, but all I ever see is everything left to do still...

Thanks goddess, I do feel better now, I'll feel a lot better once this house is done though...