Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Quick update on the kitchen

I just wanted to post a quick update on the kitchen. We're getting really close to having a working kitchen!!

I primered the walls the other day with Kilz2, it's water-based and doesn't have that overpowering smell to it.



I plastered the walls myself by the way. I used a wagner paint gun to paint the walls, it only took about 45 minutes to do the entire room. I've painted the walls with the final color, I cant remember the exact name of the color now, it was Lincoln cabin brown or something like that. It's one of the approved Historic Trust colors. The problem is, I was in a hurry to get the paint up before the floor guys came in today to start on the floor so the kilz wasnt completely dry. It bled through in a few places so I'm going to have to put on a second coat after the floor guys are done next week. I really wanted to go with more of a tan color though.

Speaking of floors... Here's a shot of it after the first sanding:



Unfortunately I'm not there to see it for myself, I'm out of town for 2 days so I'll have to live with pictures of it until I get back. It looks great though!! The floor guys will be back in the morning to finish sanding and put the first coat of poly down. It looks like we'll be ready to bring the appliances in next Wednesday, that means that we'll be able to cook our thanksgiving turkey in the kitchen!!

I'll post more pictures tomorrow once the first coat of poly is down.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That floor is going to look fantastic.

Jason and Heather said...

Thanks! I just posted pics of the first coat of poly, I cant wait for it to be done!