Monday, October 09, 2006

The fence - 8-19-06

I'm installing a 6' privacy fence all the way around the back yard. It's roughly 463' of fencing. The neighbors to the left of us had been using our driveway as a drivethrough, I got tired of seeing cars pulling through my driveway at all hours of the day and night so I decided to make the fence a priority.

To date I've only gotten the first 6 sections of fence up but it was enough to blcok their path through my driveway. The problem is the soil, Georgia clay is some hard ass stuff. I dug the 6 post holes by hand, 2' deep, and had some serious blisters. I'm going to rent a hand auger as soon as I have a free weekend.

The back of the back yard is a jungle, I had to hack a trail all the way around the yard for the fence.


Here's a sample of what I had to hack through.



Here's the fence so far. I'm hoping to finish it either this weekend or next.

We're also going to install a picket fence in the front yard but that will probably be a month or two off.

No comments: