Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hall Tree

This is a small project we worked on last year but never completed. It sat in the Laundry room since then. Recently I moved it out into the Breakfast room and then just yesterday added the hooks to finally finish it off.

It's a Hall tree made from a heavy old door from a textile mill and some old, reclaimed boards. The seat lifts up for storage underneath.


In other house news, I've been working on stripping the stair railings, it's slow, boring work. I also added some low-voltage lighting to the front yard. No pictures of either project yet.

4 comments:

Fred said...

I really like this piece, especially the part about the storage. Once we take down a wall that sits between our hallway and our living room, we'll have wall space for a unit like this. I'd love to be able to hang up my coat on the way in the door, and keep shoes out of site in some type of storage compartment.

goddessof4 said...

That is awesome .A great idea!!!! I love old doors and storage!!!!!

Sandy said...

What a great idea! Looks great!!

Larry said...

That's a cool idea for the hall tree.

As for the 'boring work'...tell me about it.