Thursday, September 04, 2008

Breakfast Room repaint

We've repainted the Breakfast Room. The yellow color we used just wasn't doing it for us. We ended up going with the same color we will be using in the Master Bedroom at the Woodbury House. Here are some pictures of the room:






You may remember that the 2 doors on either side of the wood burning stove had it's original finish on them when I first uncovered them (They were boarded over and then had cabinets hung over them some time in the 40's or 50's).


Instead of just painting over it I reversed both doors. This ended up working out much better for the layout of the Laundry room and the Bathroom anyways.

We FINALLY have a room that is almost completely finished. The only things left to do are a few trim pieces, outlet and light switch coverplates, and refinish the floor.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very nice! I like the color a lot. How nice that you were able to just reverse the doors!

Omar said...

That wood stove is sweet -- Do you plan to make it operational? I would love something like that in my kitchen, but no room..

Joanne said...

I love the antique phone; what a nice touch.