We FINALLY tackled the long awaited the 2nd floor porch roof demo! Here are a few pics of the work from a few weeks ago:
The last picture is as of yesterday, as you can see it makes a HUGE difference. The next task for the porch is ripping the second floor deck off completely and rebuilding a smaller one that will match the porch below.
I refinished our porch swing using a red chestnut stain and 2 coats of poly. We picked it up at a thrift store last year for $20:
We got some new furniture for the living room. Sorry for the blurry pictures, it's time for a new camera:
It's all jammed against the wall for now because of the pool table. We're selling the table though so hopefully it should be gone soon.
That's all I have time to post for now. I'll try to make another post some some of the other work that's been accomplished in the morning.



3 comments:
Wow... what a difference! It really brings character back to the house.
Something about that 2nd floor porch didn't look right, but with it removed you can really appreciate the detail of the original porch. It looks awesome!
Great decision to pull the upper porch roof! Did you have to dig to remove flashings at supports and get a waterproof result? I remember the wise words of an old carpenter that your roof is the most important wall. Thanks for sharing your projects. I found your blog 'cause of my just buying another old house in Woodbury, GA. Maybe we could compare notes sometime.
--Mark
..."shelterer" at gee mail...
Post a Comment