Thursday, May 31, 2007

Breakfast room paint

Not a whole lot accomplished yesterday. I painted the breakfast room walls. It was hell painting them too. It only took about 10 minutes to go over them with the large roller I have but the grooves in the beadboard weren't getting paint. I was using the coarse roller too. I got my paint sprayer but it broke when I tried to install the nozzle, I guess a little bit of paint was left in the nozzle which didn't allow the plunger to move against the spring causing it to break. So I was forced to paint the entire job by hand... with a 2" brush. I had to dip the brush then paint along a groove only going about 1 1/2' before having to dip the brush again.

I finally finished the walls around 1am. And of course now that I see the walls with paint on them I can tell that the larger cracks are going to need to be filled with wood putty. It shouldn't be too big of a deal to paint over those areas once it's done though.





I still need to add 1/4 round to the corners that I took it out of, install the baseboard below the corner cabinet, put the door frame back up in the entryway to the kitchen, then paint all of the trim.

The colors for anyone that's interested are from Valspar. The walls are Homestead Resort Tea Room Yellow and the trim will be Bellegrove Antique White. Both are Historic Trust approved colors.

The only other thing I accomplished was to finish installing the Breakfast Room vent. I'm sure that will come in handy today as the high is supposed to be 91.

No comments: