The other day I got the drywall hung on the study side of the wall. I'm keeping the foyer side open until all the electrical is completed.



Yesterday I worked on the electrical for the Study and the Foyer. I rerouted the study overhead light switch from where it used to be by the old door (now a window) to next to the french doors. I used a double gang box because the other switch will control a set of sconces that I installed over the fireplace.

Then I had to install a new box when I wired up the foyer light, there wasn't anything here since the foyer and study were one room. Interestingly enough the overhead light in the study was centered on just the study, not the combined rooms. There was some old knob & tube in the ceiling above where I placed the box in the foyer. More proof that the 2 rooms were originally separate.

I still have to install some outlets in the new wall, then I can close it up and begin the fun task of mudding it.
3 comments:
I have read your blog for some time, but never commented. I think I might have been too tired after reading about all your efforts. You are doing a terrific job - good on you both!
I love the pattern the chandelier throws on the ceiling and walls!
thanks! The chandelier was my grandfathers. When I first saw the foyer I knew it would be perfect there.
I love those sconces. They look perfect over the fireplace. I also like the light cast onto the ceiling by the chandelier.
Post a Comment