Along with the bricks we got a few stair treads (we have 2 broken ones on our stairs), the downstairs newel post, 3 window weights, and some random trim. They started loading everything up and hauling it away yesterday. We didn't have time to go back last night because we were busy planting the trees we got on our trip to Alabama over the weekend. Hopefully the crew wont work today because of the holiday and I'll be able to get some more bricks this afternoon.
As I mentioned we went to Alabama over the weekend and picked up a lot of trees. We got dogwoods (pink, white, and red), flowering crabapples (pink and white), and Crape Myrtles(white, pink, purple, and red). Some of them we picked up at a fleamarket for very good prices( the dogwoods are 6' and we got them for $8 each, the Crape Myrtles are 4' and they were $3 each), the rest we got from my girlfriends grandparents farm. We went out in the woods and found a lot of white dogwoods and pink and white crabapples. These needed to be planted ASAP since their roots were just sitting in water. we also got a lot of flowering bushes but those wont be planted until after this cold front passes.
These are the 2 dogwoods we planted in the front yard. The back right one is a white, the front left one is a pink.


Another reason for going to Alabama was to go to a place called Dixie Salvage. They carry builders overstock. I bought a wall cabinet for the kitchen (42"x30" oak face, solid plywood sides for $80). We also found 3 sinks there for our bathroom vanities, 2 for the double vanity in the master bathroom, and the 3rd for the main downstairs bathroom. The sinks are handpainted in Mexico. I wasn't sure about the design of them first but now I kind of like them.

The faucet is one we got from vintage tub, the handles have small extensions to raise them up by about 2" but I didn't have them installed for the picture. Everything is test fitted into place, I still have to refinish the vanity before I can permanently install everything.
We also found a faucet for our kitchen sink, it's brushed copper made by Kingston Brass, it was $50!

Hopefully when I get home this afternoon I can make another trip to the Anderson House for more bricks, if there's anything left that is.
As I mentioned we went to Alabama over the weekend and picked up a lot of trees. We got dogwoods (pink, white, and red), flowering crabapples (pink and white), and Crape Myrtles(white, pink, purple, and red). Some of them we picked up at a fleamarket for very good prices( the dogwoods are 6' and we got them for $8 each, the Crape Myrtles are 4' and they were $3 each), the rest we got from my girlfriends grandparents farm. We went out in the woods and found a lot of white dogwoods and pink and white crabapples. These needed to be planted ASAP since their roots were just sitting in water. we also got a lot of flowering bushes but those wont be planted until after this cold front passes.
These are the 2 dogwoods we planted in the front yard. The back right one is a white, the front left one is a pink.
We also found a faucet for our kitchen sink, it's brushed copper made by Kingston Brass, it was $50!
Hopefully when I get home this afternoon I can make another trip to the Anderson House for more bricks, if there's anything left that is.



3 comments:
WOW...great prices on those trees! I love flowering trees :)
You also scored some great buys at Dixie Salvage! Congrats!
Nice haul! Glad to see something was able to be salvaged from the house. I'm still waiting to see what happened to the one that burned up near me.
Love the bricks, those are in great shape. I also like the colorful sink!
Post a Comment