Monday, April 09, 2007

Guest Bathroom floor finished

I finally got around to finishing the floor in the guest bathroom. It got put on the back burner because of my salvage operation at the Anderson House and because of the trees that needed to be planted.


Getting the toilet drain perfect was very important. As I mentioned earlier these old toilets have a larger drain than modern ones, they wont fit in a 3" flange so I had to rip out the plumbers work and use a 4" flange. It was very close but I managed to get everything to fit perfectly.


I went by the Anderson house on Saturday, most of the debris has been hauled away but there were still plenty of bricks laying around everywhere. I managed to collect another couple hundred. I now have a grand total of 1011 bricks.


I also managed to get our porch swing hung yesterday.

Next I hope to get the kitchen ceiling hung then it's back to the guest bathroom to rip out the walls and ceiling.

2 comments:

Ms. P in Jackson said...

I'm amazed! You are moving along at such an impressive pace and seem so organized in what you accomplish! The plantings look great and over 1,000 free bricks? You can't beat that.

Jason and Heather said...

Thanks! but organized isn't how I would describe it. More like fits and starts.