Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nothing to see here, keep moving...

Not much of an update today. I've been busy with other things and havent had much time to work on the house.

I found some plaster patch product by DAP that I've been testing. It seems to work really well except that it's curing way too fast for me to work with it. On the box it says that it sets in 20-30 minutes but it's been setting in less than 5. I think it's because it's so cold in the rooms that I'm trying to use it in. It's in the low 50's in the kitchen right now. I'm going to bring a space heater in there this afternoon and see if that doesnt help. If it does I'm going to try to patch up the main downstairs bathroom so we can finally get it painted and finished.

The HVAC/plumbers havent been here all week, they've had other projects they're working on. It would be nice to have heat downstairs so I really wish they would hurry up... It's colder in the house than outside in the afternoons, the plaster walls really hold the cold in.

I'll post some pictures of my plaster work later this evening as long as it's not too much of a disaster...

2 comments:

Gary said...

Try sifting the stuff into a bowl of water and let it soak up the water. Don't stir it as that often speeds up cure time. Slice out a piece, mix and apply. To extend cure time and make more malleable add hydrated lime.

Jason and Heather said...

Thanks,

I'll be trying that out this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.