Sunday, March 02, 2008

Guest Bedroom 1

Well I've finally started working on the main guest bedroom. It's been my storage room/work shop for as long as I can remember.


I spent the day yesterday clearing the room out.


The few things left in there will be removed this morning and then I will begin the fun job of sanding and scraping. The ceiling is heavily stippled and will need to be sanded down also.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That room will look so nice when it is finished, with it's fireplace and paneled doors!

Careful on scraping the ceiling... a lot of ceiling textures have asbestos in them and need a wet removal to be safe.

Fred said...

I just found your blog for the first time. I absolutely love the exterior of your home - particularly the large southern style porch.

Jennifer's right about the ceiling texture. I just had mine tested and it came back negative. You can search for a joint that will do tests of ceiling textures and most can turn around a sample in 3-4 days.

us said...

wow - talk about great bones!