Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our next house!

Today was closing day for our next house. I never mentioned anything about it on the blog because I wanted to wait until everything was final.

The house is a 2 story Victorian built in 1888. I guess you could say the style is Folk Victorian with Eastlake influences. We got the house for a steal since it was a foreclosure that the bank has owned for a year.




This is from the back of the property. the lot is just over .5 acre.

This is the barn that's at the back of the property.

Foyer (front door is to the left)

Upstairs Landing

Main Hall

Parlor

Door to upstairs porch. Most of the detail is obscured by the paint.


Back door in the kitchen. The detail is obscured by the paint on this one too.

I dont have a shot of the front door but it's even more ornate than either of the above two doors.

I'm hoping to start work on the house soon.

Here is a link to the blog for the house: Woodbury House. I will be updating it as work gets done.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

That house is so lovely. With tender restoration she will be a grand lady!

Jennifer said...

That is sure something! Should look great all cleaned up. Can't wait to watch it!

goddessof4 said...

Congrats on the house!!!! I love all the details ,especially the doors!!! Can't wait to see how it comes along!!!

Larry said...

WOW!! how cool for you guys!

Lots of luck and looking forward to the 'new' blog!

Jason and Heather said...

Thanks everyone. We're really excited with the potential of the place. If it wasnt so far outside of Atlanta we would probably be making this our main house.