Friday, October 05, 2007

The one that got away

I recently found a house on the Georgia Trust website for an endangered historic house in Macon, the house is known as the Napier House. It had to be moved or it was going to be torn down. The house is a beautiful Antebellum Greek Revival style home built in 1842. This style is my dream home. I WILL own one one day.

Anyways, the house was being sold for $1! Unfortunately I was too late. A town just south of Atlanta has already bought the property and is in the process of moving it the 100 miles from Macon to Atlanta. You can watch a video of the house being cut in half in preperation to be moved here.



1 comment:

John said...

After the last couple of posts, I'm especially glad that this one got a new home. Beautiful house, and I though moving our house was an ordeal.